When you are carving your pumpkin, and you remove all of it’s “guts,” why not put them to use? These “insides” can be created into a delicious snack for the whole family in five simple steps!
- Rinse and clean all the pumpkin seeds, removing any flesh or “pumpkin hairs” that are covering them.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, coating them completely.
- On a non-stick cookie tray, place the seeds in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
If you prefer, you can salt them as soon as they come out of the oven. Cool them a bit before you begin your snacking. Check the temperature before you give them to the twinnies. They are best served warm, but not hot!