There are many reasons why parents are so selective, choosing the right foods for their children. For starters, there’s the health factor. If they are eating the right foods then naturally, they’ll receive the well needed nutrients and vitamins needed to grow. But for us busy multiple moms and dads, (who must prepare double the amount of food on a daily basis), time is also of the essence.
By the time our twinnies reach the stage, when they are no longer dependent on us to hand feed them; the question remains… What should we feed them that will provide: a balance diet; less time to prepare (as well as, something to take with us ‘on the go’); and most importantly, foods that our twinnies will LOVE to eat?
With so much piled on our plate to take care of during the day; sometimes, there is little time left to plan creative meals. To help you along the way, we’ve compiled a list of finger foods and bright ideas, for you to call your own. Ideas that will hopefully have your twinnies asking for more and nothing will be left behind, but the sound of their empty plates hitting the floor!
Wishing you and your multiples many meals to come, with less stress AND half the mess!
So the next time you visit the grocery store, here are some Phenomenal Finger Foods to add to your list:
- French Toast (cut up)
- Dry Cereal (made with multigrains)
- Tyson Chicken Nuggets in Dino or Fun Shapes (contain more white meat)
- Tator Tots
- Grilled Cheese
- Shredded Chicken Strips
- Sandwiches (made with whole grain)
- Hot Dogs
- Whole Wheat Rotini
- Ravioli (w/out the sauce)
- Whole Wheat Pitas (with or without hummus)
- Steamed Peas
- Black Beans
- Apple Slices
- Melons (Honeydew or Cantaloupe)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Baby Carrots (raw or steamed)
- Broccoli (raw or steamed)
- Cauliflower (raw or steamed)
- Black Olives
- Crackers (Goldfish; with or without Peanut Butter)
- String Cheese Sticks (w/ 2% milk)
- Applesauce on the Go (ex: GoGo Squeez)
Please Note: The above is a suggested list of foods. Should you have any additional ideas, we welcome your comments below.